Ninety Six, S.C. – Pan Paksanont carded an opening round 72 on Friday and is in a tie for fifth place to lead the USC Upstate women's golf team after day one of the Big South Women's Golf Championship from the par 72, 6230-yard The Patriot Golf Club.
USC Upstate completed the first round in a tie for third place with Presbyterian College at 306. The Spartans were in the process of playing the second round when play was suspended due to darkness. When play was suspended, USC Upstate was in third place behind Campbell and High Point.
High Point leads the Big South Women's Golf Championship by four strokes at 293. Samantha Vodry of High Point and Campbell's Stacey White are tied atop the individual leaderboard at 2-under par 70.
A LOOK AT THE SCORECARD
- The Spartans have three players ranked in the top-20 after round one in Paksanont, Brooke Hutto and Beem Pabsimma.
- Paksanont was the top individual performer shooting an even-par 72 and is in a tie for fifth place two strokes behind the day one leader.
- A total of one stroke separates Hutto and Pabsimma who are tied for 15th and 18th places, respectively.
- Hutto recorded a first round 76 and Pabsimma contributed a 77.
- Kathryn Elliott posted an opening round 81 and is in a tie for 33rd place.
- Anna Chanthaphaeng rounds out the individual leaderboard for USC Upstate in 38th place at 82.
- The Spartans finished day one with a 3.22 stroke average in par 3 scoring, 4.43 stroke average in par 4 scoring and 5.22 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- USC Upstate also contributed 70 pars and five birdies.
- The Spartans are currently fourth in par 5 scoring and tied for fourth in pars.
- Paksanont and Hutto lead the team in par 3 scoring at even-par with a 3.00 stroke average.
- Paksanont ranks second at the tournament in par 4 scoring at 1-under par and a 3.92 stroke average.
- Hutto, Pabsimma and Paksanont have compiled a team-leading even-par, 5.00 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- Paksanont has a team-high 16 pars while Hutto and Pabsimma each contributed 15.
- Paksanont leads the team with three birdies.
- Hutto added two birdies.
- 1st Campbell 293
- 2nd High Point 297
- T-3rd USC Upstate 306
- T-3rd Presbyterian College 306
- 5th Charleston Southern 309
- 6th Radford 311
- 7th Winthrop 312
- 8th Longwood 314
- 9th Gardner-Webb 325
- 10th UNC Asheville 328
- 11th Hampton 364
USC UPSTATE PARTICIPANTS
- T-5th Pan Paksanont 72
- T-15th Brooke Hutto 76
- T-18th Beem Pabsimma 77
- T-33rd Kathryn Elliott 81
- 38th Anna Chanthaphaeng 82
- The second round of the Big South Women's Golf Championship will resume on Saturday morning with the final round to follow.
Follow USC Upstate women's golf on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMWGolf), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).