Arden, N.C. – Pan Paksanont and Brooke Hutto both finished tied for 11th place to lead the USC Upstate women's golf team on the final day of the French Broad Collegiate Invitational from the par 71, 5879-yard The Cliffs at Walnut Cove.
USC Upstate carded a final round 308 and finished in fourth place shooting a combined score of 618 (310-308).
Appalachian State won the French Broad Collegiate Invitational by two strokes over Wofford at 611. Blanca Porta of USC Beaufort captured individual medalist honors at 1-over par 143.
A LOOK AT THE SCORECARD
- Paksanont and Hutto both led the Spartans individually finishing in a tie for 11th place.
- Hutto had the low round of the day for USC Upstate with a 75 and accumulated a total score of 153 (78-75).
- Paksanont compiled a round of 76 and also recorded a combined score of 153 (77-76).
- Beem Pabsimma tallied a 78 and concluded the tournament one stroke behind Paksanont and Hutto in a tie for 14th place at 154 (76-78).
- Anna Chanthaphaeng and Kathryn Elliott rounded out the individual leaderboard as both tied for 45th place at 167.
- Chanthaphaeng registered a round of 79 on Tuesday, nine strokes better than her first round score, to finish at 88-79 while Elliott contributed an 88 to end with scores of 79-88.
- The Spartans finished the tournament with a 3.28 stroke average in par 3 scoring, 4.61 stroke average in par 4 scoring and 5.38 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- USC Upstate led the tournament in par 3 scoring and was second in par 5 scoring.
- The Spartans also had 84 pars, 15 birdies and one eagle.
- USC Upstate was tied for first at the tournament in eagles and third in birdies.
- Paksanont was second among the tournament field in par 3 scoring at even-par and a 3.00 stroke average.
- Hutto led the team with a 4.39 stroke average in par 4 scoring and tied with Pabsimma for the team-lead with a 5.25 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- Paksanont finished with a team-leading 22 pars.
- Hutto and Pabsimma both had a team-high four birdies.
- Paksanont contributed three birdies while Chanthaphaeng and Elliott collected two each.
- Elliott tied for first in the tournament with one eagle.
- 1st Appalachian State 306-305=611
- T-2nd Wofford 302-311=613
- T-2nd Gardner-Webb 311-302=613
- 4th USC Upstate 310-308=618
- 5th Presbyterian 310-311=621
- 6th UNC Asheville 310-319=629
- T-7th USC Beaufort 308-323=631
- T-7th Longwood 316-315=631
- 9th Radford 317-319=636
- 10th Lipscomb 319-319=638
- 11th Northern Kentucky 331-319=650
USC UPSTATE PARTICIPANTS
- T-11th Pan Paksanont 77-76=153
- T-11th Brooke Hutto 78-75=153
- T-14th Beem Pabsimma 76-78=154
- T-45th Anna Chanthaphaeng 88-79=167
- T-45th Kathryn Elliott 79-88=167
- The Spartans head to Edisto Island, S.C. March 31-April 1 for the Edisto Island Invitational.
Follow USC Upstate women's golf on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMWGolf), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).