Hilton Head, S.C. – Pan Paksanont had a low round of 74 on Sunday and finished inside the top-20 along with Beem Pabsimma to lead the USC Upstate women's golf team on the final day of the Low Country Intercollegiate from the par 72, 5836-yard Moss Creek Golf Club.
As a team, the Spartans carded a final round 309 and moved up four spots in the team standings to finish in eighth place at 631 (322-309).
Navy won the Low Country Intercollegiate by four strokes over Bethune-Cookman at 600. Bethune-Cookman's Yudika Rodriguez captured individual medalist honors by one stroke over Chelsea Dantonio of Winthrop at even-par 144.
A LOOK AT THE SCORECARD
- The final round 309 recorded by USC Upstate was sixth-lowest among the tournament field on Sunday.
- All five Spartans improved their second round scores from the previous day.
- Pabsimma was the top individual performer for USC Upstate shooting a final round 76 and finished tied for 17th place at 153 (77-76).
- Paksanont had the lowest round of the tournament for the Spartans at 74 and ended the tournament one stroke behind Pabimma tied for 20th place with a combined score of 154 (80-74).
- Brooke Hutto carded a round of 78 and placed in a tie for 40th position at 161 (83-78).
- Anna Chanthaphaeng posted a final round score of 81 and tied for 50th place with a score of 163 (82-81).
- Kathryn Elliott rounded out the individual leaderboard with a final round 84, seven strokes better than her opening day score, and finished in 86th place at 175 (91-84).
- Playing as individuals, Marley DeFreitas and Caroline Heustess compiled final round scores of 80 and 82, respectively.
- DeFreitas finished in a tie for 65th place at 167 (87-80) and Heustess a tie for 67th at 168 (86-82).
- USC Upstate concluded tournament play with a 3.40 stroke average in par 3 scoring and 4.64 stroke average in par 4 scoring.
- The Spartans ranked fourth among the tournament field in both par 5 scoring (5.15 stroke average) and pars (104).
- USC Upstate also contributed six birdies.
- Pabsimma led the Spartans in par 3 scoring (3.25 stroke average) and par 4 scoring (4.30 stroke average).
- Pabsimma tied for the tournament-lead with 26 pars.
- Paksanont was tied for fifth at the tournament with a team-best 1-under par, 4.88 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- Paksanont and DeFreitas both contributed three birdies.
- Elliott, Chanthaphaeng and Pabsimma all had one birdie each.
- 1st Navy 303-297=600
- 2nd Bethune-Cookman 298-306=604
- 3rd Limestone 311-295=606
- 4th Columbia 307-303=610
- 5th Appalachian State 318-308=626
- 6th Elon 311-316=627
- 7th Winthrop 314-314=628
- 8th USC Upstate 322-309=631
- 9th Radford 320-312=632
- T-10th USC Beaufort 319-316=635
- T-10th Wofford 319-316=635
- 12th Presbyterian 322-315=637
- 13th Brown 320-321=641
- 14th Gardner-Webb 331-318=649
- 15th The Citadel 334-340=674
- 16th Lander 350-334=684
USC UPSTATE PARTICIPANTS
- T-17th Beem Pabsimma 77-76=153
- T-20th Pan Paksanont 80-74=154
- T-40th Brooke Hutto 83-78=161
- T-50th Anna Chanthaphaeng 82-81=163
- T-65th Marley DeFreitas 87-80=167
- T-67th Caroline Heustess 86-82=168
- 86th Kathryn Elliott 91-84=175
- The Spartans return to the course March 25-26 at the French Broad Collegiate Invitational in Arden, N.C.
Follow USC Upstate women's golf on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMWGolf), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).