KENNESAW, Ga. – Both the USC Upstate track and field programs had great outings this weekend at the Don McGarey Invitational, the men placed second and the women's team came in fourth overall.
- Jaquille Mosley won the men's javelin event with a throw of 47.19 meters. The mark was not only a personal best for Mosley but it also ranks second all-time in the USC Upstate history books.
- Tanner Saunders won the 400 meters hurdles event with a time of 52.70 seconds. Saunders was nearly three seconds ahead of everyone else in the competition.
- Tanner Saunders came in fourth place in the 110 meter hurdles event with a time of 14.63 seconds.
- Sophomore thrower Tony Auguste had a pair of top-five finishes in both the Hammer and Discus throws. Auguste's throw of 52.56 meters in the Hammer ranks second all-time in USC Upstate history. The sophomore's throw of 45.07 meters in the Discus also ranks second in the school record books.
- Angelinque Bryant had a pair of top-five finishes over the weekend, finishing second in the 100 meter dash and third in the 200 meter event. Bryant's time of 11.69 seconds was the top time in Division I and was the second fastest in school history. In the 200 meter dash, Bryant recorded a personal best 24.36 seconds and now ranks fourth in the school record books.
- Brittany Cox clocked in a 14.12 second 100 meter hurdle time placing her fourth overall in the competition. The time also placed Cox second all-time in the record books at USC Upstate.
- Both the women's 4x100 meter relay teams and the women's 4x400 meter relay teams ran a season best and both teams had a fourth place finish.
- Mia Davis had a top-five finish in the women's 1500 meter run with a time of 4:59.67 seconds.
- Kalyn Brown finished inside the top-five with a shot put throw of 12.63 meters.
- Jared Henderson set a new school record with a time of 10.58 in the 100 meter dash. The time placed him third overall at the event.
- Antonine Nance just made the top-five in the 200 meter dash with a time of 21.71 seconds.
- Dorian Jones came in second place in the 1500 meter run with a time of 3:56.24.
- Lonnie Morton had a pair of top-five finishes in both the 110 meter hurdles and the 400 meter hurdles.
- Jonathan Johnson had a runner-up finish in the 3000 meter steeplechase with a time of 9:59.05. The time ranks second all-time at USC Upstate.
- The men's 4x400 meter relay team came in second place behind host Kennesaw State with a time of 3:16.96.
- The men's 4x100 meter relay team set a new school record with a time of 41.02 seconds.
- Tony Auguste finished eighth overall in the men's shot put event with a throw of 14.17 meters.
- Jalen Pickett-Hicks finished seventh overall with a throw of 14.29 meters in the men's shot put.
- Bailey Wensler just missed a top-five finish with a time of 2:21.16 in the 800 meter event.
- Adanma Uzor recorded another top-ten finish in the women's triple jump with a leap of 11.53 meters.
- Javin Holston came in sixth overall in the in the 100 meter dash with a time of 10.71 seconds, ranks third all-time. Holston finished just inside the top-ten with a 21.95 200 meter dash time, ranks fourth all-time.
- Antoine Nance finished right behind his teammate with a seventh place in finish in the 100 meter dash (10.72 seconds).
- Dorian Jones recorded a top-ten time in the 800 meter event with a time of 2:03.07.
- Cameron Smith just missed out on a top-five finish with a time of 14.86 seconds in the 110 meter hurdles.
Women's Personal Records
- Mikenzie Young-Mullins- Javelin (24.92 meters)
- Bailey Wensler- 800m (2:21.16)
- Joey Palmquist- 1500m & 800m (2:33.59 in the 800 meter, 5:10.04 in the 1500 meter)
- Krysta Pierstorff – 1500m (5:01.57)
- Angelnique Bryant- 200m (24.36 seconds, fourth fastest in school history)
- Jer'Nasia Coleman-200m (27.59 seconds)
- Brittany Cox- 100m Hurdles & 100m (12.42 seconds in the 100m & 14.12 seconds in 100m Hurdles-2nd all-time at USC Upstate)
- Jasmine Brown- 100m (12.20 seconds)
- Adanma Uzor- 100m (12.72 seconds)
Men's Personal Records
- Andrew Castano- 1500m (4:11.39)
- Marlin Young- 1500m (4:04.02)
- Jalin Petty- 1500m (4:11.17)
- Michael Tardella- 1500m (4:16.78)
- Logan Miller- 1500m (4:28.34)
- Jonathan Johnson- 3000m Steeple (9:59.05 – 2nd in school history)
- Tashaun Wallace- Hammer (42.49 meters)
- Jaquille Mosley- Javelin (47.19 meters – 2nd in school history)
- Tim Jordan- Javelin (40.79 meters)
- Toney Auguste- Hammer & Discus (52.56m Hammer, 45.07m Discus, both throws rank 2nd in School history)
- Cameron Smith- 110m Hurdles & 200m (22.18 sec 200m, 14.86 sec 110m hurdles)
- Michael Jamison- 200m (22.63 seconds)
- Lonnie Morton- 110m Hurdles (14.83 seconds)
- Jared Henderson- 100m (10.58 seconds, new school record)
- Javin Holston- 100m & 200m (10.71 sec 100m, 3rd all-time, 21.95 sec 200meter, 4th all-tiime)
- Elam Pearson- 400m Hurdles (57.40 seconds)
- Jalen Picket-Hicks- Shot Put (14.29 meters)
- The Spartans will have a week off to recover before they travel to Rock Hill, S.C. for the Big South Outdoor Track and Field Championships.
Follow USC Upstate track & field on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateXCTrack), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/email alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).