Farmville, Va. – Cam Philpot scored two goals on Tuesday evening as the USC Upstate men's soccer team earned one point in the conference after a 2-2 draw against the Longwood Lancers at the Longwood Athletics Complex.
USC Upstate is now 3-8-1 overall and 3-3-1 in the Big South while Longwood moves to 4-9-1 on the season and 2-2-1 in conference play.
STATS OF THE MATCH
- Longwood held a 19-15 advantage over the Spartans in shots and 7-6 in attempts on goal.
- Both teams attempted 10 corner kicks.
- USC Upstate led 5-4 in saves.
- Philpot recorded his second multi-goal game this season after registering his team-leading fifth and sixth goals.
- Alexandre Castaing dished out his first career assist as a Spartan.
- Sebastian Quinteros attempted a team-high four shots.
- Josh Hanratty scored twice for the Lancers while Mikel Abando had a team-best five shots.
- Andrea Bonavia finished the game with five saves.
- Longwood goalie Jacob Reimers grabbed a total of four saves.
USC UPSTATE GOALS
- Philpot scored his first goal in the 31st minute and tied the game for USC Upstate at 1-1. He scored unassisted after beating Reimers one-on-one. (USC Upstate 1, Longwood 1)
- Philpot tied the game again late in the 81st minute off the assist from Castaing. Castaing sent the ball into the box and Philpot's header went into the net far post. (USC Upstate 2, Longwood 2)
- Hanratty gave the Lancers a 1-0 lead in the 3rd minute on a penalty kick. (USC Upstate 0, Longwood 1)
- Hanratty's second penalty kick in the 48th minute put Longwood back in front by one. (USC Upstate 1, Longwood 2)
- The Spartans travel to Columbia, S.C. on Saturday, Oct. 20 for a 7 p.m. kickoff at South Carolina.
Follow USC Upstate men's soccer on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMSoccer), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).