Spartanburg, S.C. – The USC Upstate men's soccer team dropped a 1-0 non-conference decision to the Furman Paladins on Tuesday evening from County University Soccer Stadium.
USC Upstate falls to 2-6 on the season while Furman improves to 5-4-1 overall.
STATS OF THE MATCH
- The Paladins held a 27-5 advantage over the Spartans in shots and 13-2 in attempts on goal.
- Furman also led 13-1 in corner kicks.
- USC Upstate finished the match with 12 saves while the Paladins had two.
- Josh Salinas and Jaedon Williamson both led the Spartans offensively with two shots.
- Dalton Souder scored the game's only goal for Furman while Rocky Guerra added an assist.
- Danny Kierath took a game-high six shots and registered four attempts on goal.
- Andrea Bonavia grabbed a season-high 11 saves.
- Paladin goalie Ben Hale concluded the game with two saves.
- Souder put Furman ahead 1-0 in the 67th minute off Guerra's corner kick far side. Guerra placed the ball into a crowd in front of the net where Souder headed the ball past Bonavia right side. (Furman 1, USC Upstate 0)
- USC Upstate travels to Conway, S.C. on Saturday evening for a 7 p.m. kickoff at Coastal Carolina.
Follow USC Upstate men's soccer on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMSoccer), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).