Camden, S.C. – Matt Carter posted the second top-10 performance of his career on Sunday as the USC Upstate men's golf team completed play at the Camden Collegiate Invitational from the par 70, 6,455-yard Camden Country Club.
Upstate carded a final round 293 and moved up four spots in the team standings to finish in a tie for ninth place with Dartmouth at 882 (297-292-293).
Host South Carolina won the Camden Collegiate Invitational with a team score of 841 while George Washington's Logan Lowe took home individual medalist honors after holding off August Lindvall of USC Aiken at 4-under par 206.
A LOOK AT THE SCORECARD
- The Spartans finished ninth in a tournament that consisted of No. 38 South Carolina in Division I and No. 26 USC Aiken in the Division II rankings.
- Upstate's final round 293 was tied for third-lowest in the tournament on Sunday with James Madison and Elon, and one stroke behind South Carolina.
- Carter turned in a final round 70 and finished in a tie for seventh place at 1-over par 211 (72-69-70). It is his second career top-10 performance and first this season.
- The Spartans had rounds in the 70's compiled by Reid Bedell, Jordan Warnock and Hunter Fry.
- Upstate finished the tournament with a 5-under 4.89 stroke average in par 5 scoring while adding a 3.23 stroke average in par 3 scoring and 4.37 stroke average in par 4 scoring.
- The Spartans recorded 164 pars, second-best among the tournament field, and 28 birdies.
- Carter led the tournament with 42 pars and added a 4-under par 4.56 stroke average in par 5 scoring along with Warnock.
- Carter also compiled a 3.07 stroke average in par 3 scoring and 4.13 stroke average in par 4 scoring.
- Bedell contributed a 1-under par score on par 5 holes and had a 4.89 stroke average.
- Bedell and Sun Paripunna tallied a 3.20 stroke average in par 3 scoring.
- Paripunna finished the event with a 1-over 5.11 stroke average in par 5 scoring and Fry posted a mark of 5.33.
- Warnock and Fry led the team with seven birdies each.
- 1st South Carolina 280-269-292=841
- 2nd James Madison 279-281-293=853
- T-3rd Elon 281-282-293=856
- T-3rd USC Aiken 292-278-286=856
- 5th Francis Marion 289-279-294=862
- 6th Presbyterian College 292-283-296=871
- 7th Furman 290-284-301-875
- 8th Lamar 289-284-303=876
- T-9th USC Upstate 297-292-293=882
- T-9th Dartmouth 288-292-302=882
- 11th High Point 290-291-302-883
- 12th Wofford 294-291-302=885
- 13th George Washington 294-292-303=889
- 14th Radford 290-299-302=891
- 15th Gardner-Webb 299-299-296=894
- 16th Columbia 293-296-310=899
- 17th Charleston Southern 295-299-318=912
USC UPSTATE PARTICIPANTS
- T-7th Matt Carter 72-69-70=211
- T-36th Reid Bedell 73-76-71=220
- T-42nd Jordan Warnock 72-76-73=221
- T-77th Hunter Fry 80-73-79=232
- T-83rd Sun Paripunna 80-74-80=234
- Upstate concludes its fall schedule Oct. 29-31 at the East Bay Classic from Turtle Point Golf Course in Kiawah Island, S.C.
Follow Upstate men's golf on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMWGolf), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).