Mar 22, 2017
Upstate improves to 12-11 while Presbyterian College drops to 11-12.
- Top 3rd – Cletus Avery reached on a walk with one out, stole second and scored on a Thatcher Coleman single.
- Top 6th – Connor Slagill hit a three-run home run to give the Blue Hose a 4-0 lead.
- Bottom 8th – Zach Krider opened the inning with a single and advanced to second on an error before a walk loaded the bases. Krider scored on a Hunter Gilbert sacrifice fly.
- Bottom 9th – Brundage scored on bases-loaded walk followed by a two-run Gilbert single to tie the game at 4.
- Bottom 11th – Ortiz opened the inning with a walk and advanced to second on a sacrifice bunt. Following an intentional walk to Charlie Carpenter and a walk to J.J. Shimko, Brundage hit the game-winning sacrifice fly.
- Tonight's win is Upstate's third extra-inning victory of the season.
- Upstate tied a season-high with 20 runners left on base. Of those 20 runners, 17 were left on base during the first nine innings and Upstate left the bases loaded in the second and seventh innings.
- Krider went 3-for-5 with three singles and a run scored.
- Gilbert went 2-for-5 with two singles, a sacrifice fly and three RBI.
- Shimko went 0-for-3 with four walks.
- Avery, Slagill and Nick Gumbarda each had two hits for Presbyterian College.
- Brian Boocock (1-2) earned his first win of the season as he allowed one hit and struck out two batters in 1.0 inning.
- Blake Whitney allowed four runs on three hits with three walks and seven strikeouts in 6.0 innings.
- Ethan Wortkoetter (0-1) took the loss after allowing one run with five walks in 1.2 innings.
- Upstate hosts Rutgers in a three-game series beginning on Friday at 6 p.m.