Jacksonville, Fla. – The USC Upstate track & field teams secured two event wins along with six school records and 10 All-Conference honors as the Spartans competed at the 2018 ASUN Outdoor Track & Field Championships at Harmon Stadium this weekend.
Both the men's and women's teams finished in fifth place.
- Sarah Hill claimed event wins and First Team All-Conference recognition in the women's 100-meter dash and 200-meter dash. Hill claimed the 100-meter dash with a school-record time of 11.49. She set her second school record of the meet in the 200-meter dash, breaking the tape in 23.63.
- Noah Walker shattered the men's 400-meter hurdle school record as he claimed Second Team All-Conference honors with a time of 51.71, breaking his previous mark of 52.10. Tanner Saunders earned Third Team All-Conference accolades in the event.
- Kennedy Holton set a new school record with her runner-up finish in the women's 100-meter hurdles. Holton finished with a time of 13.54 and earned Second Team All-Conference laurels.
- The men's 4z400-meter relay team of Collins Livinus, Walker, Jalin Petty and Saunders set a new school record with a time of 3:13.74 to earn Second Team All-Conference honors.
- The men's 4x100-meter relay team of Terry Newell, Saunders, Walker and Antoine Nance set a new school record with a time of 41.35, earning Third Team All-Conference accolades.
- The women's 4x100-meter relay team of Cierra Smalls, Hill, Keayra Jackson and Holton finished Third Team All-Conference.
- Tony Auguste had a Third Team All-Conference performance in the men's discus. Auguste finished fourth in the men's hammer throw and sixth in the men's shot put.
- Saunders picked up Third Team All-Conference honors in the 110-meter hurdles.
- Breondra Steele finished fourth in the women's high jump.
- Livinus finished fifth in the men's 400-meter dash.
- Bryson Hatten finished fifth in the men's hammer throw.
- Adanma Uzor finished fifth in the women's triple jump and sixth in the women's long jump.
- Benjamin Bapuopeleh finished fifth in the men's triple jump followed by Ari Jahanfar in sixth place.
- Dorian Jones scored a sixth place finish in the 800-meter run.
USC Upstate Women's Results
1. Sarah Hill – 11.49
2. Kennedy Holton – 13.54
1. Sarah Hill – 23.64
6. Adanma Uzor – 5.51 meters/18'1"
5. Adanma Uzor – 11.84 meters/38'10.25"
USC Upstate Men's Results
6. Antoine Nance – 10.72
3. Tanner Saunders – 14.49
5. Noah Walker – 14.69
5. Collins Livinus – 48.76
2. Noah Walker – 51.71
3. Tanner Saunders – 52.55
6. Dorian Jones – 1:55.52
3. Tony Auguste – 43.50 meters/142'8"
4. Tony Auguste – 44.75 meters/146'10"
5. Bryson Hatten – 43.52 meters/142'9"
6. Tony Auguste – 13.32 meters/43'8.5"
5. Benjamin Bapuopeleh – 13.45 meters/44'1.5"
6. Ari Jahanfar – 13.38 meters/43'10.75"
Follow USC Upstate track & field on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateXCTrack), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/email alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).