Winston-Salem, N.C. – Junior Dorian Jones claimed first place in the men's mile to highlight USC Upstate indoor track and field accomplishments Saturday at the Wake Forest Invitational held inside the JDL Fast Track.
- Jones won the men's mile run with a time of 4:20.83. It is the fourth fastest indoor mile in school history.
- In their first race together this season, the women's 4x400-meter relay quartet of Jer'Nasia Coleman, Sarah Hill, Komiyah Clark and Kennedy Holton finished in second place with a time of 4:07.68.
- Competing at the Appalachian State Open, Kalyn Brown finished in fourth place in the women's shot put.
- Ari Jahanfar finished in fourth place in the men's triple jump. Benjamin Bapuopeleh scored a seventh place finish in the event.
- Noah Walker finished in fourth place in the men's 60-meter hurdles.
- Hill scored a fifth place finish in the women's 200-meter dash.
- The men's 4x400-meter relay team of Jahanfar, Walker, Terry Newell and Tanner Saunders finished in fifth place with a time of 3:29.68.
- Tony Auguste scored a pair of top-10 finishes in throwing events at the Appalachian State Open. He finished in sixth place in the weight throw and eighth place in the shot put.
- Kennedy Holton finished in seventh in the 60-meter hurdles. Her time of 9.18 is the fifth fastest in program history.
Upstate Women's Results
7. Kennedy Holton – 9.18
5. Sarah Hill – 25.92
9. Fatima Pedroza – 2:26.61
4. Kalyn Brown – 12.58 meters/41'-3.25"
4. Adanma Uzor – 11.64 meters/38'2.25"
8. Keayra Jackson – 10.84 meters/35'6.75"
Upstate Men's Results
4. Noah Walker – 8.47
9. Tanner Saunders – 8.62
8. Terry Newell – 22.76
10. Roman Mealing – 1:59.23
1. Dorian Jones – 4:20.83
8. Tony Auguste – 13.92 meters/45'8"
4. Ari Jahanfar – 13.36 meters/43'10.0"
7. Benjamin Bapuopeleh – 12.81 meters/42'0.5"
6. Tony Auguste – 14.42 meters/47'3.75"
9. Jaquille Mosley – 13.75 meters/45'1.50"
- The Spartans return to the JDL Fast Track next Sunday for the JDL Dual Meet Madness.
Follow Upstate cross country and track & field on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateXCTrack), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/email alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).